The best way to survive conflict is to learn how to deal with stressful relationships – of every form – as they crop up.
Hello, my name is Alexis and I am a guest blogger on Mort’s site. This post is dedicated to challenging relationships. Keep reading, and you’ll discover tips on how to stay calm when crisis hits.
Discover 7 Secrets to Fixing Your Marriage
Coping With Difficult People
Face it – unless you isolate yourself from the rest of the world, it’s impossible to avoid difficult people. What really matters is how you choose to respond during those tense interactions.
Do you want to know how to deal with stressful relationships? The answer is simple – learn to control your own reaction first.
The next time you feel ready to blow your top, work through the following list of things to reduce stress:
- Stay calm – As human beings, our natural instinct is to lash out at someone whom we deem as a threat. Instead of exploding in anger or frustration, take a deep breath or two and keep your composure.
- See it their way – Listen to the other person’s point of view, and I mean REALLY listen. Try to understand why they feel the way they do. Be open to the possibility that you just might learn something new about yourself.
- Be willing to change yourself – Don’t become defensive. Instead, admit that there is always room for improvement, and resolve to make changes where they are due.
- Actively choose to focus on the positive – Without discounting the other person’s emotions, reiterate what works rather than what doesn’t. Don’t ignore the failures altogether, but use those failures as agents of transformation.
- Get help when you need it – Not all relationships can be mended without professional support. A good therapist or counseling alternative can be an excellent source of advice on how to deal with stressful relationships.
Step Up to the Challenge With Marriage Fitness
If the strain of dealing with difficult people has affected your marriage, consider turning to Marriage Fitness, a revolutionary program geared towards strategically defusing problems.
Through the Marriage Fitness workshops, books and teleconferences, couples gain access to methods proven to bust stress caused by:
- Emotional neglect
- A lack of intimacy
- Familial pressures
- Past hurts
Discover healthy ways to forgive each other, reconnect and live out your love, in spite of those external relationships that may be causing anxiety.
If you’re ready for relief, give Marriage Fitness a try. Starting is simple. All you have to do is type your e-mail address in the box at the top of this post.
In just minutes, I will send you my exclusive e-course, “7 Secrets to Fixing Your Marriage,” at no obligation to you. It’s completely FREE and accessible at any moment.
Let Marriage Fitness instruct you how to deal with stressful relationships and experience a flourishing love.