Have you scoured the Internet for articles explaining how to “stop husband from cheating,” or how to deal with infidelity in marriage, but without much success?
Are you on the receiving end of the “I’m-sleeping-with-someone-else” newsflash? Did you find out the hard way and catch your husband with someone else?
If you are ready to confront your unfaithful spouse about their physical or emotional infidelity, you’ve come to the right place.
My name is Sarah and I am a guest blogger on Mort’s site. Below, I’ll reveal reasons why men cheat, and active steps you can take to return to the happy marriage you once enjoyed.
Discover 7 Secrets to Fixing Your Marriage
Why Did My Husband Cheat?
The first question many women ask in the wake of an affair is, “Why?”
If you want to stop your husband from cheating, you need to understand what motivated him to do so in the first place.
The following is a list of three common reasons why men cheat:
- They feel underappreciated – Sometimes, men feel like they are no longer attractive to their mate. Your husband needs to know that what he does is important to you. By not assuring him of his value every day, you’re setting yourself up for a failed marriage.
- They crave excitement – Boredom can easily creep into a marriage. Busy schedules, daily stressors, a lack of sexual intimacy and time spent apart can all drain the spark from a marriage and motivate your spouse to look for excitement elsewhere.
- They feel emotionally disconnected – All of humankind, not just men, needs emotional connection to survive. Men who don’t feel that bond are more likely to turn to someone else to fill their emotional emptiness.
To stop your husband from cheating, rescue your marriage and prevent infidelity in the future, try following these simple steps:
- Pay attention to the signs – Learn how to recognize the tell tale signs of infidelity before it goes too far. By paying attention to these indicators, you can be better prepared to stop an affair.
- Practice forgiveness – If your husband has been unfaithful, you need to forgive him. This is a difficult first step, but unless you let go of the resentment, you cannot move forward.
- Change yourself – Ask your husband what drove him away. What was missing? What needs weren’t being fulfilled? Then, work on taking active steps towards changing your own behavior. A better marriage starts with YOU.
- Get help – If you’re curious about whether or not infidelity counseling is right for you, you aren’t alone. It’s a decision couples face every day. By recruiting support from a marriage professional, however, you increase your chances of regaining what was lost.
The bottom line is this: All the online “how to stop husband from cheating” advice in the world won’t work if you aren’t receptive to positive change. And change is hard – very hard – to accomplish alone.
If you’re considering infidelity counseling, why not look into Marriage Fitness first?
Marriage Fitness is a groundbreaking alternative to traditional marital therapy.
This revolutionary program teaches you how to cope with infidelity, how to reconnect with your spouse and how to renew excitement in your relationship.
With Marriage Fitness, you get an easy-to-follow guide to putting your marriage back together after infidelity, one day at a time.
Marriage Fitness has saved marriages tested, not only by infidelity, but also by issues like:
- Temporary separation
- Absent communication
No more searching for “how to stop husband from cheating” resources. Everything you need to get started is right here.
Try my free marriage e-course. Just enter your email address in the box at the top of this blog post. I will send you “7 Secrets to Fixing Your Marriage” – and 5 marriage assessments – absolutely FREE.